Heatio Home Energy Show Podcast
In early 2024 I was invited to be a guest on the Heatio Home Energy Show Podcast.
The podcast is focused around helping customers save money on their energy bills as well as how to decarbonise homes across the country.
You can read more about on their website.
And you can find the podcast either on their YouTube channel or grab the audio versions from wherever to get your podcasts.
A tale of two episodes
I thoroughly enjoyed being a guest on the podcast and talking through all things renewable tech.
The podcast host, Simon Roberts and I had such a great chat that we had to split it down in to two episodes.
Once you get talking about things you’re passionate about you soon lose track of time.
Episode 21: A Homeowner Journey to Green Living
In this episode I explained to Simon my whole renewable journey across 5 years. From installing Solar PV on our roof right through to a heat pump.
Topics covered include
- Mick’s Journey into Renewable Energy
- Maximising Solar Energy
- The Joy of Driving an Electric Vehicle
- Transitioning to Electric Heating
- Making Cost-Effective Upgrades
- The Benefits of Energy Efficiency and Solar Power
- The Oversized Combi Boiler
- Energy Savings and Cost Efficiency
Episode 22: Energising Choices: Unveiling Energy Stats UK
In the second half of our chat we talked about how the Energy Stats website and Twitter feed came to be and how smart tariffs can empower homeowners to take control of their energy choices.
Topics covered include
- Continuous Transition into Renewable Energy
- Benefits of Smart Meters and Energy Usage Monitoring
- Querying Octopus’ IT Systems for Tariff Information
- Understanding Energy Pricing and Tariffs
- The growth of Octopus Energy and their innovative tariffs
- Taking Advantage of Lower Costs and Changing Behavior
- Manual intervention in solar and battery systems
- Grid Flexibility and Battery Storage
- The Future of Energy Generation and Prosumers
Referral information and free credit offer
If you find the content of this website useful and are thinking of joining Octopus Energy, please consider using my referral code or ‘buy me a coffee’ to help support running costs of the website.
Using this referral code will gift you £50 of free Octopus Energy credit after signup: https://share.octopus.energy/linen-pearl-869
If you would like to ‘buy me a coffee’ to show support, please use this link: http://buymeacoffee.com/SVHgIbUYM
If you’re considering owning part of a wind farm through Ripple Energy, get £25 of free credit (if investing more than £1000) using my Ripple referral link.
Energy Stats can also be found on Twitter / X. Please follow us @energystatsuk for daily Agile tariff pricing graphs and summaries.
We have also started posting the same graphs over on Mastodon. You can find us here: https://mastodonapp.uk/@energystatsuk
And we are even trying to get the info out via Instagram. Find us here: https://www.instagram.com/energystatsuk/
Note: The current and past performance of energy pricing is not necessarily a guide to the future.